Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

Well we're finally back home in Utah! I am SO happy to be back. And I think Eden is happy too! She's been so smiley and loves to explore and loves being back in her room and crib! I missed it! We've only been home a couple of days and nothing is really unpacked, but it's just so nice to be back in our home. With the new baby coming we're trying to get things organized around here! I went through all of Eden's old clothes from when she was tiny to see what I could use for the new baby, and it was so emotional! I remembered when Eden wore certain outfits and it just made me so sad that she's not a baby anymore! But happy that I'm going to have another baby to put wear them! It's too bad because Eden was born in April, so all of her little baby clothes are summer clothes, and the new baby will need warm winter things so we'll be able to use most things, like onezies and pajamas, but I"m going to have to get some warm clothes. Too bad, more baby shopping...haha! Ok so I need some advice...please!!! I've been trying and trying to find a double stroller that I can get for when the new baby gets here, and I've found one that I really like and have read some really good reviews about, but I just don't know!! Please you moms of 2 let me know what you recommend for a double stroller. This is the one that I really like, It's a Joovy Sit Stand. I love that it's not long like a lot of double strollers, it can accommodate a car seat, and I love that I can just take it out with Eden if it's just her and I. But I don't know if it's practical because Eden isn't even really walking yet! Which by the way we've made some REALLY good progress today with walking!! She stood up and took like 10 steps!! I was so excited! Anyways, back to the stroller, please let me know what you guys think! I could really use the advice!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought a sit and stand and love it! You can actually get ones that have another seat that can go where the sitting part is on back. I would have gotten one if Landon was younger. We should get together and go shopping!!

BTMIN said...

I agree, those are fab strollers! They aren't as heavy and cumbersome as the big doubles, you can use the infant carrier with them, and can still use the stroller when the baby is big enough to sit in it on her own. The only downfall I found is that the back is REALLY easy for the big brother/sister to climb out of, especially if they aren't strapped in. But it is great to push through tight places, where the bigger strollers would have trouble. They are lighter and just so much easier to use... At least I think so! :)

Natalie said...

There's no place like home right? Sounds like you are having fun getting ready for the new baby. Fun!

FARRER FAMLIY said...

Hey I bought this same stroller and I LOVE it,it is probably the best double stroller I have had. It's nice because as your older one gets older they don't like to sit in a stroller, but my little boy loved to just stand on the back of it. It was also a lot smaller that a double and easier to push etc. Anyways, I would totally recommend it! Good luck!

Emily Busath Murdock said...

The only disadvantage I see in that stroller is that if Eden gets tired on your adventures (and she is still so young, so I bet that she will sometimes), there isn't any way for her to fall asleep in the stroller (she has to stay sitting up on the back part). But....other than that, this stroller is fabulous! If you think you might be able to swing buying two, you might consider getting one with two actual seats and this one as well, for when she's a little older.
But what do I know?! My kids are so far apart, so I have no idea what is practical for your situation!
So glad you're home! What a peaceful feeling!

Rowley's said...

It looks like a fun, sturdy stroller! But I don't know anything about strollers, I just take ones that are given to me. Can't pass up free!
Are you going to Dax party on Sunday? If so, see you there, and lets plan lunch or something.

Brittney said...

Well I'm not here to help you with strollers, just say hi and I'm so glad you are home!! Can't wait to see Eden take some steps on Sunday.

I tried to call you yesterday but you didn't answer!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

I bought that stroller and ended up taking it back. Because:
Hallie wanted to rest and couldnt.
She really couldnt even sit straight up when the car seat was in it.
Hallie is a sleeper though and liked to sit and sleep....so it depends on Eden. But where she is so young you may want to look into a different one. I know the peg side by side is some of my friends favorites. They say it fits through doors great and it fits a car seat. It has a large under carraige storage and both seats recline. Anyways I like the one I bought too...its a combi front and back. Both are super light too and not too massive! Good luck...

Josh, Morgan, and Our Kids said...

Hey Marci, A few of my friends have this stroller and love it: Contours Options Tandem Stroller - Ruby Red
It is super versatile. The second seat comes out and is just a carseat holder when Baby #2 is still small. Both seats recline and the kids can either face each other, or one behind the other. They have also said it manuevers great! If you look at it on the Babies R Us website, they have a little video that shows you all the options. Good luck in your search!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

yay! I'm so happy she's walking! : ]
When did she start? How did it happen? Did you guys just scream with joy?! haha I would!
I'm glad you're able to keep in touch with us through here. It's nice have good friends in the Family : ]

jenhatch said...

that one looks awesome!!! and more compact then the one that I have, which I love. I have the Baby Trend Sit and Stand one at Target - only $130. Not bad at all for a double, and I love it. Mine has straps that and a seat for the "stand" part so you could easily still strap Eden in there. BUT she'll be walking in no time though!