Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I got TAGGED!!

Brittney tagged my blog so now I'm supposed to write 7 things about me...

1. I LOVE music. Absolutely love it. I grew up with a mom who was a piano teacher, and a dad who loved to sing. They both instilled the love and appreciation for music in me. I was in a girls choir from the time I was 5 I think, up until I was 18. It was amazing to learn how to sing with a group and learn the theiry of music. My mom also taught me the piano. Although I don't 'tell' anyone I can play, I do. Not great, but I can definately sit down and play. My dad wishes I would put my talent of singing out there more, but it's really hard for me to just offer things like that. I really do love to sing but I have a little bit of stage fright!!!

2. I have 2 cats! Thomas and Jr. We love them SO much. They're strays. We got Thomas before we were married. He was the cutest kitten...a little mean, but he was very cute. We had him for about a year and a half before we found Jr. Christian was over at his friends Jake's house and this little kitten came up to him and wouldn't leave him alone. He looked EXACTLY like a little Thomas. So he brought him home and Jr. became a member of our family! Thomas and Jr. got along so well! They wrestled and cleaned each other and just became best of friends! We love them. Before we had our baby, we treated them like our children!

3. When I was younger, like starting in 4th grade, I used to do a lot of acting. I was in quite a few musical theater productions, like Annie, and My boyfriend's Back, and a few others. I was also in a play that was all about peer pressure in schools. We went around to a few schools to perform it, and it was made into a video that would be shown in schools! Crazy huh?

4. I love to read. I'm not as good at it as I wish I was. I just need to be more disciplined at it. But I do love reading when I actually sit down and do it. My favorites as of late are, Twilight, New Moon, all the Harry Potter's, The Red Tent, and The Davinci Code. Since I've had my daughter I haven't been able to find the time to atart a new book! But I think the next one I start is going to be Life of Pi. My sister read it and said it was excellent. I too have been to the Hansen Family book club a couple of times and it was so fun do to with them. I'm sad that I can't be a part of it during the summers!

5. I had a 3.8 GPA in college!!! Who would believe that huh? But I really did. Christian would laugh and say it was because I went to Rick's College and apparently the classes are WAY easier there, but I'd like to think that maybe I do have some book smarts. It's funny because I really didn't do too much homework and when I would study, it was usually the day of or the night before something was due! But when you look at my college transcript for 2 years my cumulative GPA was 3.8! You would never guess!!!

6. I am TERRIFIED of Tornados. TERRIFIED! There are quite a few tornados and even more tornado warnings in Texas, where my family lives. Whenever the sirens would go off near our house, I would feel like I was having a panic attack! They scare me so much. You have absolutely no control if you're in one. Can you imagine being picked up and flung (I don't know if that a word but it fits what I'm trying to describe) around by winds that are so strong and so fast? It would be awful. Needelss to say, if we ever make it back to the great state of Texas, we're having a cellar with no windows and a matress!

7. I was a cheerleader! HAHAHA...I know everyone who knows me and is reading this is like "what???" but yes I was a cheerleader the the Parkside Pythons in 6th and 7th grade! Can you imagine it? It's not something I like to admit but while I was doing it, it was pretty fun! I can still remember some of the cheers...now that's funny!

Well I think I've let enough info about myself get out in the open! Let's learn more about these girls...I tag Mandy, and Emily! Can't wait to read about your 7 interesting facts!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Wow Marzipan! I learned lots of things about you that I didn't know before. Nice!! :)